Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tijuana, Guerrero Negro, La Paz

I only took this shot to prove I was there. TJ is not a photogenic city.


So.. I climbed the decaying lighthouse in Guerrero Negro (it was my driver's idea, I swear). Note my shadow at the top.


It did afford a decent view, if of decaying waterfront facilities and barren dunes..


..but descent from the upper level was kinda tricky. Mind that first step, it's a lulu.


And why were those facilities built? Salt! Lots and lots of salt. It's so flat and dry around Guerrero Negro that they just pump in seawater and wait six months. Pretty exciting, eh?


Not really. No.


Guerrero Negro is also a prime location for whale watching. Unfortunately it's hit-or-miss, expensive and I would have needed to book ahead (or stay another night). This guy was easy to find, though.


La Catedral de Nuestra SeƱora de La Paz.


Raaawrrr.

This guy is in a little museum on local history and wildlife. In short, things were going fine until the Spanish showed up. Then.. not so much.


Scuba diving Isla Espiritu Santo.


It's a sere landscape, but there are some lovely and secluded beaches. The sailboat owners are the ones really enjoying Espiritu Santo.


Cliff?


Time to go back to La Paz. :(

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely a cliff. Gorgeous photos, and nice framing. I especially like the chunk of salt. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin!
    Wow! These are fantastic pictures.

    I hope you find what you're looking for. :-)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete