Monday, September 21, 2009

An Introduction In Brief


Christ, it's another fucking travel blog. Is this an item on Stuff White People Like? If it isn't it should be.*

Briefly (as per the post title): I have quit my job, am in the process of getting rid of my belongings and will soon embark upon a journey through Central and Southern America of indeterminate route, duration and (most importantly) purpose. I intend to use this blog primarily to provide travelogue style updates for my friends and family, but also as a forum to tackle some larger questions.

Why have I so completely up ended my life? Was it a good idea? Is it possible to travel without falling victim to the cliches and stereotypes that drive SWPL? Does this look infected?

Details to follow.

*Oh, yeah, they've got me covered. See for reference: travel, taking a year off and promising to learn a new language.

No comments:

Post a Comment